Thursday, January 24, 2008

What's For Dinner....?










I am going to try and add a recipe or two each week to my blog. Amongst other things I also LOVE to cook. We have been eating meals more where vegetables take center stage. It's good for you and it's good for the environment. I don't go as far as calling myself vegetarian but for the last month or so I have been trying it out....
Here is a yummy recipe we had just the other night!

RECIPE:
One Red Bell Pepper
One Green Bell Pepper
One container of shiitake mushrooms
One container of regular mushrooms
2 green zucchini
4 cloves of garlic
One medium yellow onion.
One bag of baby yellow gold potatoes

Cut all veggies up. Place potatoes in boiling water for 5 minutes, this helps the cooking process go faster!
Take the rest of the veggies in a large bowl with a couple tablespoons of olive oil and stir gently so all veggies are covered. And any spices that you like. I chose sea salt, garlic salt, and red pepper flakes.
Once spices and oil are combined with veggies place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
Drain the potatoes, add some spices and put them on a separate baking sheet. Bake them also for about 20 minutes. If you like your veggies a little crunchy you can broil them on high for a few minutes at the end, that is what I did.
We served this with Quinoa and chopped walnuts.

2 comments:

Tandra said...

OK yummi!
I KNEW I smelled sumthin' good when I walked by!!

I like this recipe- I think I will try it, the next time I go grocery shopping!

Rae said...

I think I will try this soon. Thanks for sharing!